Don't Forget to vote daily!
definereality.darkbb.com
Define Reality - HAPPY VALENTINES DAY PEOPLE!! from Jake,David & Staff
Welcome to Define Reality!
David's Suggestions Partyhat
Don't Forget to vote daily!
definereality.darkbb.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Photobucket

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» David READ
David's Suggestions EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:51 pm by David

» David Send melInk
David's Suggestions EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 am by David

» New Client
David's Suggestions EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 pm by David

» *STARTING AREA* IDEAS.
David's Suggestions EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:33 pm by Ben

» Ben's Admin app.
David's Suggestions EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:25 pm by Ben

» Comment Your Username!
David's Suggestions EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:22 pm by David

» How do i play???
David's Suggestions EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:00 am by Pk sosolid0k

» Hello Everyone
David's Suggestions EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:46 am by Assmunch Lol

» New places?
David's Suggestions EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 am by Cory

Donate
Buy membership with donated money! _______________________ Silver Membership starts at just $3 and Gold at just $6! _______________________ To see the complete membership price list, please visit THIS LINK.
Poll
should there be a trade limit
yes
David's Suggestions I_vote_lcap39%David's Suggestions I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 9 ]
no
David's Suggestions I_vote_lcap61%David's Suggestions I_vote_rcap
 61% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

David's Suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

David's Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Alright most of these suggestions are based on ideas from other members, but slightly tweaked to make the server better. Now I have noticed that we are majorly worried about our economy, this is good. The economy is the heart of any RSPS server. The problem? The rares. Rares are a small part of RuneScape's economy for a reason. If an economy is based on rares, it will evntually fail. Rares are meant to be, well, rare. Our economy must not be built upon rares but a variety of items. This guarantees that our economy will suvive through thick and thin. If we based our economy on rares then when someone found a glitch they instantly become rich and they have an unfair advantage. Now if the economy is based on a variety of items, like dragon, bandos, armadyl, godswords, etc. then we have a better chance of blocking an unfair advantage. We can do this by lowering the price of that specific item rather than screwing up the whole economy which would lead to the fall of our server. So, here are my suggestions for the server that would boost our economy and the general game play for all members.

1 ) Party hats will be donator only and untradeable. This will allow our server to get more donations because people will want party hats, and it will also keep partyhats extremely rare and a great item to have. I would recommend that party hats would be recieved with a donation of $15 or more.

2 ) Max cash tokens. These tokens can be bought from stores at max cash. This is a way people can store cash when they reach maximum cash in their bank account. These tokens can be traded in any time for max cash. These tokens will then become the currency of the insanely rich Wink

3 ) H'Ween Masks will be a rare item for normal players. The masks will be dropped by JAD 1% of the time. The masks will be priced at around 5 Max Cash Tokens (MCT). also, all rares (phats, masks, and MCT) will not be able to be dropped. This will keep all rares very rare.

4 ) Clue scrolls. 3 levels of clue scrolls will be available (like real RS). The lowest level will drop dragon items at best, at level 2 you can recieve 500m or armadyl at best. And a level 3 reward can be up to 1bill or bandos or 3a. (and a mask 0.25% of the time).

5 ) Quests for members and non-members. If a non-member completes all the non-member quests, the player will recieve a quest cape. If a player completes all non-member and members quest then the player will recieve a trimmed quest cape and a quest cape hood.

6 ) The server should have fully working minigames. The server should have duel arena, Clan wars, and pest control. If we could add these it could bring a lot of players to the server. This means more players and more donations which mean a better server and forums.

7 ) PVP armour. A lot of players will join if they see that a server has PVP armour. This is because few servers have PVP armour that is fully coded. It also adds another back up item for our economy.

8 ) Curse prayers. This is the newest thing to RSPS. Very great thing to have if you know how to add them correctly. This could make or break our server if they are made correctly.

9 ) Holiday items. I do think that there should be holiday events with holiday items. These items will be untradeable at first, but if they are held onto for long enough, they will turn into a rare item (some of them). This promotes people to play longer and is a possible get rich "quick" scheme.

10 ) Correct animations for all weapons. This is someting most servers overlook and it makes a lot more people join because it feels more like the real thing. If you make the game as smooth as possible, more players will join.

Give me some feedback and tell me what ideas you like, and what ideas you don't.

Thanks!
-David
Back to top Go down
https://definereality.darkbb.com
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:41 pm

I personally think CRACKERS should be dropped by a hard boss (corp that actually hits?) Low drop chance 1-2%. And phats can be obtained through crackers at a same chance 1-2%. Very very few people will have phats so people will donate for them. I also think they should be tradable and donatioms of 15$+ should receive something like. Sledge or god robes (zammy,saranguthix) juzt my tweak to them Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:18 pm

I like the phat idea
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ex-Staff Member
Ex-Staff Member
Ben

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:03 pm

Alright, I like your suggestions!

1) AParty hat will be a donator item of 15$. Full set of phats will be around 25-30$. and the party hats will be untradeable.

2)Im gunna add enough band space to hold as much as 30 items of max anything.

3)H'ween masks will be the same percentage as the DFS visage drop. it will be dropped by Corporal Beasts.

4) There Will be clue scroll.
POSSIBLE ITEMS!
Level 1: whips, ont know rest yet :\
Level 2: DFS(s), dragon armor, 1% chance of santa
Level 3: 3a, vestas, zuriel, spirit shields

5)There will be non member and member option (and quests for non mem and mem)10$ for 3 month mem, 50$ for year mem, 125$ for unlimited member.

6) All minigames will work!

7) You will get 10 pk points for every kill you get. There will be Pk point armors.

Cool Havent heard of curse prayers... ill try though to get them. Not a guarentee on release.

9)There will be holidays events. Hopefully. YOU WONT GET RARES, Ill make an item.

10) Animations will work.

Ok, other things im doing. Im adding coder commands becuase if we end up ever getting other coders for some stuff i cant do, they should get commands to use. Basically just owner commands and some other coder stuff coders will need (like addnpc, addobjects, etc...). nothing to fancy though

There will be grand exchange, WORKING!

The exp rate is about 5-8 exp for low level skill items, and like 30- 40 exp for high level skill items (EXAMPLE! Copper ore will only get about 5-8 exp, and adament and rune will get around 30-40 exp.)
Should take about 1-2 weeks to get a 99. HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY!
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 pm

On #4 swap the Santa and spirit shield. On #3 is it possible to make the drop rate be half of a DFS to keep it super rare?
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Oh on #1 make a full set $50... It makes a little more sense
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:31 am

Makeing phats untradable is a bad idea personally. Just think they'll be worthless in game and will only be for looks really, so why would someone donate 50 or even 25$ for looks? Honestly my cracker idea would keep them rare.

Also clue scroll rewards are WAYY too high.. Personally you need to change that.

Lvl 1- bronze,rune.dragon. Ranger boots,robin.

Lvl2- bronze-rune armour,tophat ect..

Lvl3 - all 3A sets, bronze-dragon armour, 50k-2500k.

Also - 5pkp per pk, santas to be 1% drop from jad or something high hitting.

But overall as I said if phats are untradable - say bai to the good donations.

Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:02 pm

okay jake lets think about this... honestly you have to think!

when you said "But overall as I said if phats are untradable - say bai to the good donations." that doesn't make sense. Everyone wants a party hat. that's just how it works. If the only way to recieve a party hat is by donating, then people will donate so they can have a party hat. And not everybody will have a party hat. If someone had never donated, but he was rich in the game, he could buy a party hat. We don't want that! we want them to be special and rare. And yes, people would donate to make themself look cooler.
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:05 pm

I think that masks could be recieved through your christmas cracker idea. I would like that and the whole JAD dropping a santa hat every 0.5% of the time. That means if you kill JAD 200 times, you would average recieving a santa once. (thats rare! Wink)

P.S.
oops i double posted lol
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ex-Staff Member
Ex-Staff Member
Ben

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:22 pm

Alright, masks will be a christmas cracker idea. Owners and coders will get max phats and max santas ans max hweens since...you know...there AWeSOME. and jake, the reason why the phats will be untradeable is becuase there one of the most rarest item in RuneScape. and if theyll be tradeable, people will be having phats they didnt pay real money for... People will pay money to have the rarest item in game... New update. G.E. is done!now im working on animations for weapons. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:56 pm

We'll see how many people donate then.
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Well I think owner and coder should have spawning abilities. And all spawned items can not be given away or sold at any point in time for any reason. Any items given away or sold to any players will be banned.(if possible I think that any owners or coders should not be able to trade) this is because if you can spawn items, there is no reason to trade, and it takes away all possibilities of giving away items.

Also, if there is any way, I would love it if you could add item lending for stuff like godswords, bandos, and armadyl (anything expensive and useful for item lending that are not rares... well maybe rares). This would be a really cool thing to do, but you would have to make it so lending is just like rs... or close to it so it is like 1, 2, 5, 12, or 24 hours, or you can enter any amount under 24 hours. This would get us a lot f players.
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Jake I promise, I have specialized in economy in every server i have helped with. I am an economy expert and I promise this is the best for the server and it will lead to donations. Just believe me that I know how to run an economy without having it crash lol
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:09 pm

Dang I'm sorry for triple posting, but we will work out the clue scroll rewards soon.
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 pm

Fully working slayer & tower aswell. Also; david if someone donates, how are you ment to trade the rares to the donator if u can't trade them.

As for everything else the money made by the server will 100% go back on the server as I'm not spending hard earnt rl money on a new forum + dedi and we will have no donaters lol maybe its just me who's seeing this flaw. Or maybe I can just tell that people won't donate for phats lol. But that's me.

On another note- make everything donator? Garenteed money then, ha, only joking.
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

jake i thought we all knew that 100% of donated cash will go back to creating a better server? lol
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 8:31 pm

was just making sure no one was expecting any cuts of the dosh lol. Afterall let's hope ur right david and see if people will donate 70$ for a phat set. Fingers crossed, first thing I'm going to buy with the profits is a new forum prob a vbullitin forum or something.
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Okay woah boy slow down! Any and all items bought with money from donations must be approved by both Me and you (Jake). Let's not worry about it until we get there lol
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ex-Staff Member
Ex-Staff Member
Ben

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:45 pm

David wrote:
Well I think owner and coder should have spawning abilities. And all spawned items can not be given away or sold at any point in time for any reason. Any items given away or sold to any players will be banned.(if possible I think that any owners or coders should not be able to trade) this is because if you can spawn items, there is no reason to trade, and it takes away all possibilities of giving away items.

Also, if there is any way, I would love it if you could add item lending for stuff like godswords, bandos, and armadyl (anything expensive and useful for item lending that are not rares... well maybe rares). This would be a really cool thing to do, but you would have to make it so lending is just like rs... or close to it so it is like 1, 2, 5, 12, or 24 hours, or you can enter any amount under 24 hours. This would get us a lot f players.
David, there will be a lending system. Owners and coders should be able to trade becuase you need it for the lending system...lol
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:34 pm

oh, well fine be that way ben Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

Ben needs to join HD (Hellz Dragonz) check us out in the clans section Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:50 am

Few things,

#1 where's my o crown gone! >=(
#2 the owner thing says 'o...'
#3 ben join TP
Back to top Go down
Jake
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
Jake

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:00 am

Oooh! Get fixed d claws. I FU**ING hate them messed up d claws with homo spec.

Also make sure spec bar is in sync so when u press it, it specs not like some servers, you press spec anf 5 seconds it specs.

FULLY WORKING SLAYER TOWER - abby demons drop whips + dark beast drop d bow. Don't make slayer easy though :p.

Also maybe working slayer masters?? Smile

Bandos/armadyl. - will ONLY be obtained at gwd? Maybe add a few dungeons? Like rs Smile use the proper gwd? Smile with 40 kill thing :p low drop percent on ags? (Like 1%?)

Clue rewards- DONT ADD ALL GOOD STUFF TO IT LIKE 1 BILL ECT. Damn it guys make clues hard for rewards or summit. 1 bill?! Make that 250M? Also add tophat, sara,zzammy,guthix robes to the clue along with other junk.

Spirit shields should be dropped by a new boss (at a later stage) so let's put them in shop for 1-5 max cash tokens?
Back to top Go down
David
Define Reality Owner
Define Reality Owner
David

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:31 am

We will fix ingame prices once the server is up... You have to adjust the prices to th existing server economy
Back to top Go down
Cory
In-Game mod
In-Game mod
Cory

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 8:40 am

David (Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:31 am) wrote:
We will fix ingame prices once the server is up... You have to adjust the prices to th existing server economy

yea, that is very true because nothing has a value right now... since the server is not up and running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Suggestions   David's Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

David's Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next